Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Actually, I've never been here before.

Today is my first post and it's 10 degrees in Chicago. I'm at work wearing leg warmers and a sweater that is causing hair static. So I'm a power player today, obviously.

Last night Jack (the greatest boyfriend) and I got back from 2.75 days on Washington Island, Wisconsin. On the trip I baked cookies, ate venison, drank moonshine and walked on frozen Lake Michigan. Being back today is...challenging. Thus I will contribute nothing but a few images that are warming the cold cockles of my heart and which illustrate how - somehow and without warning - I am way behind the times.


Girls. I think it's brilliant and annoying and stylish and sexy, everything I want in my television. And I love this photo from a mid Season 1 episode. The show makes me miss the very few girlfriends I've ever had (Kelly, I'm thinking of you) and though it doesn't make me miss my 20s because they were messsssed up, it does make me miss the idea of my 20s. The biggest reason I like the show is that, unlike Sex and the City or most television, Girls doesn't make me hate my body, my clothes or my face. 


Pinterest. Holy shit. So, you are saying that instead of BUYING those expensive sweaters I find at La Garconne and ShopBob, I can scratch that itch by just pinning photos of them on my Pinterest boards? This is changing everything. I can post pictures of food and Joseph Gordon-Levitt? It's basically a sticker board, so it's fully awesome. I'm pin-ing: http://pinterest.com/rfons/


Frozen Lake Michigan, sunset. I almost burned an oven full of my aforementioned chocolate chip cookies because I was so taken by what this sunset looked like. If you listen carefully, you can hear the lake ice cracking. This video was taken outside my family's place on Washington Island, and for a minute this weekend, I decided to never leave.


In other news, I think I'm going to get bangs again. Cause side swept only works part of the time, half of the time. 










No comments:

Post a Comment